Glyceryl monostearate or Wax No. 3
INCI: glyceryl -Monoestearato: Glyceryl stearate
Raw materials of plant origin. Without PEG, without solvents or preservatives. Vegetable raw materials obtained from an esterification process. Not derived from animal sources.
Glyceryl monostearate is a product flaked or white waxy or slightly yellow beads, is a mixture of monoacylglycerol, is an agent with poor emulsifying action, but is usually used as a stabilizing agent in W / O emulsions, or as cohemulsionante emulsions O / W
It is used as consistency factor in ointments, creams and lotions. Emulsions are distinguished by their good stability, particularly in liquid emulsions, their skin is excellent affinity. It is an emulsifying agent for oil, grease, solvents and waxes, provide O / W emulsions
Using the following percentages vary textures:
- 3% wax seamless texture. accepts maximum 20% oil phase and 75% acuosa.Siempre phase must add a thickener to the aqueous phase to improve stability (0.3% degoma xanthan, 0.5% tragacanth ...).
- 5% of wax light to medium texture. Stable. Accepts up to 30% of oil phase and 60% aqueous.
- 8% average wax unctuous texture not fat. Stable 10, 20 and 30% oleosa.Acepta phase up to 30% of oil phase and 55% aqueous.
Monostearin. Other names: Glyceryl stearate and sodium stearate. Emulsifiable glyceryl stearate; emulsifiable glyceryl monostearate.
hard, waxy or greasy dust or flakes, white or almost white mass. Practically insoluble in water, soluble in 96% ethanol at 60 ° C. Melting point: 54-57 ° C.
Properties and uses:
Glyceryl monostearate The A / E is an emulsifying agent for oils, fats, solvents, and waxes, providing emulsuiones O / W. It is used in the preparation of emulsifying bases, no emulsifiers, and evanescent creams.
Ionizable salts at high concentrations, heavy metal salts, hard water and calcium compounds, and zinc oxides and heavy metals.
- From 5 to 20% provides ointments and creams viscous and stable
- 0.5% stabilizes and gives consistency to very liquid emulsions