Liquid preservative Euxyl K712
INCI: Aqua - Sodium Benzoate - Potassium Sorbate
The preservative Euxyl K712 has bactericidal and fungicidal action. It contains no VOC, or volatile organic compounds organic solvents are used in a range of pH to 5.5 and is approved for use worldwide.
EU-INCI Aqua Sodium Benzoate Potassium Sorbate statement
US-INCI Sodium Benzoate Potassium Sorbate statement
• INCI name Sodium Benzoate; EINECS: Sodium benzoate; CAS 532-32-1; EC No. 208-534-8
• INCI name Potassium sorbate; EINECS: (E, E) -hexa-2,4-dienoate potassium No. CAS 24634-61-5 EC 246-376-1
• Color: Yellow - brown
• Form: Liquid Odour characteristic Density (20 ° C) 1.166 to 1.185 g / ml
• Refractive index (20 ° C) 1.436 to 1.441
• Home Boiling point:> 100 ° C
• Flash point (ISO 2719)> 100 ° C
• runoff time (DIN 53211-20 ° C) approx. <15 s
• Solubility in water (20 ° C) in all proportions
• Foaming (DIN 53902) No foams (2.0% in water)
• Vapour pressure (20 ° C) approx. 25 hPa
• Emulsions: Emulsions are preserved in practice with 0.5 to 1.5% Euxyl® K 712.
• Solutions: For shampoos, bath preparations and cleaning preparations manuals conservation good results are achieved with 0.5 to 1.5% Euxyl® K 712.
• Moist towelettes: For wet wipes good preservation results are achieved with 712 K Euxyl® 0.5-1.5%.
Instructions for use of the product:
• General Information: Euxyl® K 712 is fully effective both in anionic as well as cationic and non-ionic systems.
• Solubility: Completely soluble in water and in most polar organic solvents.
• Support surfactants: K Euxyl® 712 is compatible with anionic surfactants such as sulphates, ether sulphates and sulphosuccinates, as well as with non-ionogenic surfactants.
• Compatibility with sulphite ions: K 712 Euxyl® not develop interactions with sulphite ions.
• Discoloration: The color of Euxyl® K 712 is not stable. The concentrate is a liquid color ranging from yellow to brown prone to darkening. When used in cosmetic preparations does not lead to color changes, provided the pH of the formula is acid.
• You can use pH: max. 5.5 (Euxyl® The effectiveness of 712 K depends on the pH. The efficiency is increased by reducing the pH value.)
• Temperature range: When using Euxyl® 712 K periods of heating at temperatures> 80 ° C must be a maximum of 4 hours. In practice it is advisable to incorporate the product in the cooling phase, for example, along with the perfume (t <40 ° C
• Additional information: The alkalinity of Euxyl® K 712 can lead to increased pH value. The pH of the finished product must always be measured at the end of the production process and, if necessary, adjust it. Measuring a w / o emulsion is problematic in this case the measurement should be taken in the aqueous phase. As a rule, they should do compatibility tests dermal sensitization and in the case of highly acidic products.
Euxyl® K 712 acts in the same measure against bacteria, yeasts and molds. Depending on the dosage, product contamination and accompanying substances in cosmetic, exposure time necessary to eliminate microorganisms (biocide efficiency) is greater than 48 hours. The action Euxyl® K 712 is based on chemical reactions with microorganisms. Therefore, if used in heavily contaminated products that have loss of active ingredient. As is known, hygiene during production and use of raw materials with low microorganism levels as a result of receiving adequate controls are indispensable conditions for the manufacture of finished products in good microbiological conditions.