Rosin


Rosin

Not available at this time

Notify on availability
1.60
Precio con IVA incluido
 
Possible delivery methods: Spain Peninsula- MRW, América - International economic package, Portugal only Azores and Madeira - International Economic Package, Portugal Peninsula - MRW, Only Spain Balearic Islands, Ceuta and Melilla and Andorra - Correos Express, Europe other countries, España Península 48/72 hs (PARA CANJEAR CUPÓN), Portugal Península 48/72 hs (PARA CANJEAR CUPÓN), VIP Customer, Picked up at the store

Rosin

INCI: colophonium

The rosin or rosin resin is a kind of natural resin extracted from certain conifers through the process of exudation of pine trees as they grow. This pine resin also known as fish Castilla is a component widely used for the manufacture of soaps thanks to saponified fats and so not rancid soap, which is considered a perfect natural preservative.

It is also used as hardener making the soap soaps take longer to rid the uses. Saponified as does the oil, but without generating glycerin. In addition, it foams and has a silky touch.

We must be cautious about adding the amounts because excess soften rosin soaps.

- Natural Preservative

- Hardening of soap

- Increases foam and leaves silky touch

 

Synonyms: pine resin. Rosin. Rosina. Arcanson. Greek fish. Fish resin.

Molecular weight: 302.45 (abietic acid)

Description: The residue remaining after the distillation of the volatile oil oleoresin obtained from several species of Pinus, Pinus palustris particularly of Pinus caribaea, Pinus pinaster Pinus maritima Solander or Pinus silvestris L. Poiret and (fam Pináceas.) .

Physical-Chemical Data: Mass yellow-brownish glassy, ​​with slight odor.

Practically insoluble in water, partially soluble in petroleum ether, and soluble in alcohol, acetone, ether, turpentine, some oils, alkalis and diluted solutions. Melting point: approx.100 ° C.

Properties and Uses: It contains about 90% resin acids and 10% of inert matter. Among the resin acids, about 90% are abietic acid isomers and the other 10% is a mixture of dehydroabietic acid and dihydroabietic. The composition varies depending on the source, age and method of storage, and it seems that the acids change in contact with air. It is a component of some collodions, plasters and plaster mass for immobilizing members. Formerly part of ointments applied to wounds, painless sores, pimples, boils and blisters.

Storage: in closed containers. PROTECT FROM LIGHT.

Use the Soap

Dose: at most 5% of the total weight of the oils.

Rosin is mainly used in the preparation of transparent soaps, as it brings clarity to the extraordinary soap, apart from a rich lather and a very soft touch. Soap brings more consistency and also serves as a preservative (making the pill last longer). Saponified oils like but without producing glycerin.

Caution should be exercised with the amount to be used as an excess can soften rosin soap, and to compensate is often used along with stearic acid.

How to use: first we have to dilute the rosin acid and stearic has dissolved completely when it will mix with other oils, in the run up to add the bleach step. The resulting color of the soap is a beautiful brown clear transparent.

 

We also recommend

Myrrh tincture
2.60 *
Euxyl K712
4.25 *
*
Precio con IVA incluido

Customers who bought this product also bought

*
Precio con IVA incluido

Browse this category: ADDITIVES and ACTIVE COSMETICS