BIO Savory essential oil
INCI: Satureia montana L., Lamiaceae
CAS #: 8016-68-0 / 90106-57-3 / EINECS / ELINCS No.: 290-280-2
Common Name: AJEDREA Essential Oil
Botanical name: Satureja montana
The essential oil of Savory (Satureja Montana) is obtained by steam distillation of the leaves and stem of the plant, this wild plant originates from the eastern basin of the Mediterranean, it grows abundantly and spontaneously forming leafy thickets, very aromatic And looking like thyme.
Its Essential Oil is widely used in perfumery, cosmetics, and of course in Aromatherapy. This oil between yellow and pale yellow color gives off a penetrating herbaceous odor with spicy traces.
Ajedrea has the following properties: it is anti-bacterial, anti-infectious and anti-fungal. It is a heating oil (which stimulates circulation) and for this reason, it is considered beneficial for arthritis and rheumatism. It has also been used for insect bites and bee stings.
Savory (Satureja montana) has historically been used as a general tonic for the body always mixed with a vegetable oil and in low percentage.
Accelerates the formation of scar tissue, cures stings, burns, sores and abscesses.
Density at 20 ° C: 0.922
Optical Rotation at 20 ° C: -0.6
Refractive index at 20 ° C: 1,501
Active principles: Carvacrol, Range Terpinene, Thymol, Beta Cariophilene and Paracimene, phenolic acids, choline and Ursolic acid.
- May cause skin irritation, allergic test is recommended before use.
- Do not use during the pregnancy.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Store in a cool, dry place away from sources of heat and sunlight.
- Do not apply directly on the skin, always use diluted in a carrier oil or other valid supports.
- Beware of the eyes and do not apply on the inside of ears, nose and anal or genital areas.
- Very volatile, close the bottle well after use.
- This oil is not recommended for use on burners and diffusers of essences.
AROMATIC NOTE: MEDIA