ROSEMARY ESSENTIAL OIL
INCI: Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil
CAS# 84604-14-8 / 8000-25-7
It is 100% pure, natural and unadulterated. It is free of GMOs, parabens, preservatives, and formaldehyde.
Not tested on animals. Not treated with ionizing radiation. Without SVHC substances. Without CRM substances. Free of BST/TSE substances. No nanomaterials. No pesticides.
OBTAINING METHOD: Distillation by dragging steam.
NATURE OF THE PRODUCT: 100% Pure and Natural Essential Oil.
PART OF THE PLANT: Stems, leaves and flowers.
APPEARANCE: COLORLESS TO PALE YELLOW, CLEAR, LIQUID.
SMELL: Characteristic, wild, cineolic, more or less camphorated.
SOLUBLE IN: Alcohol, Oil, Insoluble in Water
RELATIVE DENSITY 20º C : 0.892 – 0.910
REFRACTIVE INDEX 20ºC : 1.464 – 1.472
OPTICAL ROTATION : (-5º / +8º)
FLASH POINT : 43º C
Olfactory Note: Medium
Blends well with Basil, Bergamot, Cedarwood, Frankincense, Ginger, Lemon, Orange, and Peppermint essential oils.
It has an exit note with a strong, woody and herbal aroma.
Rosemary oil is an essential oil extracted from the leaves and flowers of the rosemary plant. It is known for its medicinal properties and health benefits, but it is also a popular ingredient in the cosmetics industry due to its skin and hair care properties. In this article, we will explore the benefits and uses of rosemary oil in cosmetics.
Benefits of rosemary oil for the skin
- Reduces inflammation and redness
- Has antibacterial and antifungal properties
- It is rich in antioxidants
- Moisturizes and softens the skin
benefits of rosemary oil for hair
- It stimulates hair growth
- Strengthens and softens hair
- Fight dandruff
Uses of rosemary oil in cosmetics
- Hair shampoos and conditioners: stimulating and fortifying properties. It can also help keep hair soft, shiny, and manageable. From 0.1% to 0.5%
- Creams and lotions for the skin: moisturizing, softening and antioxidant properties. It can also help reduce inflammation and redness on the skin and fight bacteria and fungi that cause skin conditions. From 0.1% to 0.5%
- Massage oils: stimulating and relaxing properties. It can also help relieve muscle pain and inflammation. From 0.1% to 1%
- Perfumes and fragrances: due to its fresh and herbaceous aroma. It can also help improve mood and reduce stress.
- In hot or cold saponified soaps: the total dose of the entire combination of essential oils 4% to 5%
In summary, rosemary oil is a versatile and beneficial ingredient for cosmetics. From hair care to skin care to fragrances, rosemary oil can help improve the appearance and health of your skin and hair naturally and effectively.
Who can use rosemary essential oil:
- Rosemary essential oil is beneficial for different skin types. It can be used on dry, oily, combination or mature skin.
- On dry skin, rosemary essential oil helps to hydrate the skin and prevent dryness. On oily skin, it helps control excess oil and reduce the appearance of pimples and blackheads.
- For combination skin, rosemary essential oil helps balance sebum production in the T-zone (forehead, nose, and chin) and hydrates dry areas of the face.
- In mature skin, rosemary essential oil helps stimulate collagen and elastin production, which improves skin elasticity and firmness.
Important: Anyone can use rosemary essential oil in cosmetics, as long as they are not allergic or sensitive to this essential oil. It is important to remember that essential oils must be diluted in a carrier oil before being applied to the skin, since direct use can cause irritation or burns. In addition, it is recommended to do a sensitivity test on a small area of the skin before using any product that contains rosemary essential oil.
Outstanding properties of rosemary essential oil:
Rosemary essential oil is known for its beneficial properties in cosmetics. Some of its most important properties are highlighted below:
- Antioxidant Properties: Rosemary essential oil is rich in antioxidants, making it a valuable ingredient in skin care products. Helps prevent damage caused by free radicals and protect the skin against the signs of premature aging.
- Anti-inflammatory Properties: Rosemary essential oil has anti-inflammatory properties that make it ideal for treating irritated and sensitive skin. Helps reduce inflammation and redness of the skin.
- Antimicrobial Properties: Rosemary essential oil has antimicrobial properties that make it useful in fighting bacteria and fungi that can cause skin infections.
- Astringent Properties: Rosemary essential oil is a natural astringent, which means it can help tighten and tone the skin. Helps reduce the appearance of large pores and improve skin texture.
- Stimulant Properties: Rosemary essential oil has stimulant properties that can help improve blood circulation and promote cell regeneration. This can help improve the overall appearance of the skin and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
In summary, rosemary essential oil is a versatile and beneficial ingredient in cosmetics due to its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, astringent, and stimulating properties. It is an excellent option to include in skin and hair care products.
How rosemary essential oil is produced:
Rosemary essential oil is produced by steam stripping from those of the Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf plant. During the distillation process, water vapor passes through the stems, leaves, and flowers, extracting the essential oils and nutrients from them.
Our rosemary essential oil is produced under a process that guarantees care for the environment and the promotion of sustainable development.