Low Molecular Weight Hyaluronic Acid
INCI: Sodium Hyaluronate
CAS No.: 9067-32-7
Molecular Weight: 3kDa~ 10kDa
Molecular Formula (C14H20NO11Na)n
All of our hyaluronic acid is derived from non-GMO fermented corn and is completely vegan.
Our hyaluronic acid is a natural mucopolysaccharide produced through an all-natural vegan origin produced by fermentation of GMO-free corn. It is a type of natural moisturizer that can preserve skin elasticity and firmness, give skin a smoother feel and a more youthful appearance with its moisture-retaining properties and deep transdermal absorption. It is the ideal ingredient for moisturizing preparations, anti-dryness milks, formulations for sensitive skin and body lotions.
This hyaluronic acid has a low molecular weight, which means that the molecules are much smaller than other forms of HA. This is significant, because the smaller molecules allow it to penetrate the skin more effectively and easily. You will notice that when added to distilled water to formulate a serum, it will be much less viscous (more watery) than a serum made with higher molecular weight HA. When using our product, it is recommended to use at least 2 grams per 100ml of distilled water when making serums.
Appearance: White powder or particle
Glucuronic acid: ≥46%
Sodium Hyaluronate: ≥95%
- Dissolves quickly in water.
- Soluble in mixtures of water with ethyl alcohol, isopropyl alcohol, propylene glycol and butylene glycol at an organic solvent concentration of up to 70%.
- Insoluble in solvents immiscible in water.
Loss on drying: ≤10.0%
- Does not cause irritation
- not cytotoxic
- not phototoxic
- not mutagenic
- No BSE/TSE
- No animal sources,
Low molecular weight hyaluronic acid can reach the chorium layer to improve water content, nourish skin and expand blood capillaries, improve microcirculation, and promote nutrient absorption. Then the skin will be smooth, elastic and will not age easily.
Hydrolyzed Sodium Hyaluronic Acid as a safe and effective cosmetic ingredient has many advantages as below:
- Transdermal absorption: penetrates the skin with an absorption rate that can reach 69.5%.
- Repair of damaged cells: repairs skin cells damaged by ultraviolet radiation, increases cell activity and cell proliferation.
- Elimination of free radicals: it is able to effectively eliminate reactive oxygen free radicals induced by ultraviolet radiation, so it can slow down the aging process of the skin through good antioxidant capacity.
- Deep hydration: can penetrate the skin, hydrating the epidermis and dermis. HA with high molecular weight also has good moisturizing ability by forming a film on the skin surface.
When Low Molecular Weight Hyaluronic Acid and High Molecular Weight Hyaluronic Acid are used together in the formulation, a remarkable synergistic effect is observed.
- - Wetting Agent
- - Moisturizing Agent
- - Firming Agent / Botox-like
- - Antiaging Agent
- - Anti-Wrinkle Agent
- - Shampoos, conditioners and styling
- - Facial care, Facial cleaning, Body care, Baby care)
Dose: 0.01 to 0.50%
Examples of doses:
- - Daily skin care 0.01 – 0.2%
- - Preparations at night and repairers 0.02 – 0.20%
- - After sun 0.02 – 0.50%
- - Pre-shave/After shave 0.002 – 0.05%
- - Facial cleansing milk: 0.05-0.30%
- - Shower lotion: 0.05-0.30%
- - Cosmetic lotion: 0.05-0.30%
- - Moisturizing oil: 0.05-0.50%
- - Skin care cream: 0.05-0.50%
- - Moisturizing milk: 0.05-0.50%
Store: tightly closed, protected from light, at a temperature below 20ºC