INCI: Magnesium carbonate hydroxide
CAS No .: 39409-82-0
EC No. 235-192-7
FORMULA: C4H2Mg5O145 H2O
MgO 40.0-45.0% active material
DESCRIPTION: White, odorless and tasteless powder
SOLUBILITY: Insoluble in water and alcohol.
CAR EXTRA ANALYSIS: Light
Magnesium Carbonate is a white powder of mineral origin that is used as an absorbent, opacifying agent, dye, or to adjust the pH of cosmetic products.
Powdered magnesium carbonate is an excellent base for low density powders and high absorbent properties, it is a good emollient. It is also used in toothpastes and creams for its antacid and slightly abrasive properties.
Magnesium carbonate is useful in burns, especially those produced by acids. It is ideal to make velvety mixtures of face powders and prevent them from clumping together. Its properties prevent the evaporation of perfumes due to its high absorption power. It is suitable for the disintegration of lemon oil and also as a filter for the various essences.
In soaps it is used to give body and to maintain its color and not give up its moisture quickly or stains and to prevent it from shrinking, it has an especially beneficial effect, both to clean and soften the most sensitive complexion.
Dose: 2% - 10%
- Cosmetic use: absorbent, opacifying agent, dye, or to adjust the pH of cosmetic products.
- Cosmetic use: good emollient and soothing sunburn.
- Cosmetic use: increases the volume of cosmetic products
- Cosmetic use: Deodorant and antiperspirant action.
- Oral use in dental and related powders: antacid and slightly abrasive properties
- Use in perfumes: Its properties prevent the evaporation of perfumes due to its high absorption power
Use in soaps: offers moisture stability, and acts as a fragrance preservative
- talcum powder
- powder makeup
- shaving products
- soap making
Conservation: Container tightly closed. Protect from light and moisture