Horsetail dehydrated plant
INCI: Equisetum arvense L
CAS No. 71011-23-9
EINECS-ELINCS Nº: 275-123-8
NON-GMO PRODUCT / NON-IRRADIATED PRODUCT / NON-ALLERGENIC PRODUCT
• Botanical name(s): Equisetum arvense L
• Family: Equisetaceae
• Parts used: Leaves, stems
CONSERVATION: Keep containers tightly closed. Protect from light and humidity.
Dehydrated Horsetail in Natural Cosmetics for Skin and Hair
All About Dehydrated Horsetail and Its Cosmetic Use
Enter a world where nature and science combine to offer you the most surprising benefits. Have you heard about dehydrated Horsetail and its potential in natural cosmetics? If not, you're about to find out.
What is dried horsetail?
Horsetail, whose botanical name is Equisetum arvense L., belongs to the Equisetaceae family. It is a plant that, when dehydrated, preserves and enhances its beneficial properties. This plant is collected mainly from its leaves and stems, with Spain being one of its most common origins.
History and Discovery
Although its use dates back to ancient times, it was in recent decades when scientists and dermatology experts began to carefully study dehydrated Horsetail for cosmetic use. Its popularity in this field is largely due to the unique compounds it offers.
Benefits of dehydrated Horsetail for the skin
Horsetail is loaded with highly beneficial compounds for the skin, including:
- Alkaloids: These have antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Flavonoids: Known for their antioxidant properties.
- Saponosides: They help cleansing and detoxification.
- Mineral and Acid Sales: These components play a fundamental role in the health and regeneration of the skin.
How Does It Benefit Different Skin Types?
- Dry Skin: Moisturizes and nourishes deeply thanks to its acids and minerals.
- Oily Skin: Regulates sebum production due to its sebum-regulating properties.
- Mature Skin: Prevents wrinkles and increases skin elasticity.
- Skin with Acne: Thanks to its purifying capacity, it prevents the accumulation of toxins and bacteria.
Benefits for Hair
How Does It Benefit Different Hair Types?
- Dry Hair: Provides hydration and vigor, improving its appearance.
- Oily Hair: Regulates sebum production on the scalp.
- Fragile Hair: Strengthens and prevents hair loss thanks to its silica content.
- Dyed Hair: Prevents the appearance of gray hair.
Products Made with Dehydrated Horsetail
1. Oily Macerates: Ideal for nourishing and revitalizing.
2. Glycerinated Extracts: Perfect for cleansing and refreshing the skin.
3. Tinctures: Used in specific treatments.
4. Sales: They help in relaxation and detoxification processes.
5. Hair Infusions: Beneficial for hair health and growth.
6. Anti-stretch mark creams: It is used in the formulation for its healing action
7. Lotions and tonics: Used to deeply purify the skin
8. Concentrated gel for abdominal fat reduction: some products contain Horsetail extract as an ingredient to care for the skin.
9. Hair products: It is incorporated to promote hair growth.
Cosmetic Actives that Combine with Horsetail
1. Hyaluronic Acid: Due to its moisturizing and plumping properties, it complements the regenerating action of Horsetail.
2. Vitamin C: Enhances antioxidant and rejuvenating properties.
3. Peptides: They improve the firmness and elasticity of the skin in conjunction with horsetail.
Equisetum arvense L., better known as dried horsetail, is not just another plant. Its properties make it a jewel of nature that, when combined with science, provides surprising results in natural cosmetics. Whether you are looking to improve the health of your skin or revitalize your hair, this plant may be the star ingredient you need.