Sodium lactate 60% - ECOCERT
INCI: Sodium Lactate (60%), Water (40%)
INCI names: WATER - SODIUM LACTATE
CAS number 72-17-3, 7732-18-5
EINECS 200-772-0, 231-791-2
Everything you need to know about Sodium Lactate in Natural Cosmetics
In the vast world of natural cosmetics and soap making, questions about specific ingredients constantly arise. Today, we will delve into the fascinating universe of Sodium Lactate, an essential compound that is revolutionizing the way we take care of our skin and hair.
What is Sodium Lactate?
Sodium Lactate is a sodium salt derived from L-lactic acid. It is produced through the fermentation of carbohydrates and stands out for being highly soluble. In the cosmetic and soap field, this component has gained popularity thanks to its capacity as a humectant, that is, it retains moisture and provides it to the skin.
Dilutions of Sodium Lactate and their applications
Our ECOCERT Sodium Lactate has a dilution of 60%, which indicates that 60% is Sodium Lactate and the remaining 40% is water. This level of concentration is ideal for various uses in cosmetics and soap making.
Production of Sodium Lactate
The ECOCERT Sodium Lactate that we offer is produced through carbohydrate fermentation. It is a high-quality salt, and as a key component of the Natural Moisturizing Factor (NMF), it provides hydration you can trust. Its use has spread as an alternative to glycerin due to its lower viscosity and its effective ability to retain water.
Benefits for skin and hair
Skin and hair benefit greatly from Sodium Lactate. Its moisturizing properties offer deep hydration, and when applied topically, this compound contributes to the restoration of the skin's NMF.
Skin types and benefits:
- Dry skin: Provides hydration and prevents dryness.
- Oily skin: Regulates sebum production and keeps skin hydrated.
- Sensitive skin: Soothes and provides hydration without irritating.
Hair types and benefits:
- Dry hair: Moisturizes and restores shine.
- Oily hair: Balances the production of natural oils and revitalizes.
- Dyed hair: Protects color and provides hydration.
Recommended dosage in products
Sodium Lactate can be incorporated into various cosmetic products:
- Soaps: Between 2-3% of total fats.
- Creams: From 0.5% to 5%.
- Hair products: The amount will vary depending on the formulation, but is generally found in similar proportions to creams.
Cosmetic active ingredients that combine with Sodium Lactate
Azelaic Acid: Helps fight acne and enhances the hydration effects of lactate.
Vitamin E: Protects the skin from external agents and reinforces the moisturizing action.
Salicylic Acid: Gently exfoliates and, together with lactate, offers softer and renewed skin.
Does Sodium Lactate have incompatibilities?
Generally, Sodium Lactate is a safe compound and compatible with most ingredients in cosmetics. However, it is always crucial to perform prior testing when integrating into new formulations to ensure the efficacy and safety of the final product.