INCI: Ricinus communis oil
Nº CAS: 8001-79-4
Nº EINECS: 232-293-8
Extraction Method: Cold pressed from the seeds previously dried.
Castor oil is one of the few oils that can be used as an emulsifying agent, widely used in cosmetics for their ability solubility in alcohol. It has many beneficial properties for the skin due to its high concentration of unsaturated fatty acids.
Castor oil also acts as a protective barrier on the skin that protects against harsh environmental conditions. It is an oil widely used in cosmetics, and for making soaps and lipsticks. It is widely used in massage, aromatherapy, and in manufacturing, especially as conditioning agent products for hair care.
As a natural emollient castor oil penetrates the skin and helps to produce collagen and elastin.
Others use and properties of castor oil:
• Powerful wrinkle that restores and rejuvenates the skin
• Healing and emollient
• Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant
• Excellent dandruff and alopecia
• Improves hair dryness caused by external agents such as sun, salt, dyes
• Strengthens nails and accelerates the growth of eyelashes
• Calms and moisturizes dry skin
• Improves burns, abrasions, acne, rashes, warts, stretch marks, athlete's foot.
In the soap:
Widely used in making soap. It is used as base oil. It brings stability to the foam.
The qualities of castor oil as a result will give us a moisturizing and emollient soaps, anti-wrinkle properties.