INCI: Decyl Glucoside
Chemical Description: C8-C16 fatty alcohol glycoside
Type of surfactant: Nonionic
Decyl Glucoside is a natural, non-ionic surfactant ideal for all foaming products and cleansers. Our Decyl Glucoside, obtained from renewable raw materials, is a combination of plant-based fatty alcohols (coconut c8-16) and glucose (corn starch).
Decyl Glucoside is a mild surfactant and because it is not dried, it is ideal for the formulation of toiletries and toiletries.
Decyl Glucoside generates an exceptional foam for a non-ionic surfactant, whatever the conditions. It produces a very satisfactory level of foam, comparable to that obtained using conventional anionic surfactants. In addition, the foam obtained is particularly stable, which is an advantage for the formulation of bubble baths and shower gels. The foam generated is thin and stable.
In contrast, its feel is not comparable to that of a foam obtained using anionic surfactants. For this reason it is advisable to combine Decyl Glucoside with Cocine Betaine in order to vary the softness of the foam. In addition, due to its wide range of compatibility, Decyl Glucoside can be combined with all types of surfactants without reducing the volume or stability of the foam.
Decyl Glucoside, used as co-surfactant, can reduce the total active ingredient content of foaming formulas without altering its performance as cleaning efficiency, foam volume and ease of thickening.
Decyl Glucoside contains no impurities. Its chemical nature and the production process results in a surfactant without ethylene oxide or 1,4-dioxane and is suitable for baby and pet products.
• Produces stable moderate to high foam
• Compatible with a wide range of surfactants and polymers, including cationic ingredients
• 100% vegetable origin
• Low ecological toxicity
• Easily biodegradable
• Body Washing
• Bubble bath
• Hand and face cleanser
• Liquid and Bar Soap
• Baby wipes
Typical Physical Properties (These properties are typical but should not be considered specifications):
• Assets% / Solvent: 51 / Water
• Cloud point (1):> 100
• CMC (2) / Surface Voltage (3): 50.1 / 29.1
• Pour point: -18 ° C
• Form (4): Pale yellow liquid
• PH, 10% aqueous solution: 12
• Viscosity at 40 ° C (104 ° F), cSt: 400
• Density at 25 ° C (77 ° F), g / mL: 1.10
• Flash Pt, closed cup, ASTM D93:> 100 ° C (est)
(1) Freezing point: ° C, 1% aqueous,
(2) Critical concentration of micellization: ppm at 25 ° C,
(3) Surface tension: dynes / cm with 0.1% active principles, 25 ° C,
(4) Form at 25 ° C
Solubility and Compatibility
• Soluble in water
• Soluble in concentrated solutions of electrolytes
• Chemically stable in the presence of acids, bases and salts
• Compatible with anionic, amphoteric, cationic and other nonionic surfactants
This product should not be stored at temperatures below 15 ° C or above 40 ° C. If crystallization or sedimentation occurs when stored at temperatures below 15 ° C, the product must be heated and agitated until uniform prior to use.